Week5: Reading Reflection

    This week is a bit of a hectic for me but I managed to read a paper from the list. In the blog, I'd like to share my experiences with OER and microlearning (Word & Dennen, 2021).

    I've been working on a community named Indischool for my community observation paper. And a similar pattern of sharing among teachers was also described in the paper. And it was very interesting to note that some teachers buy and sell teaching materials online. In Indischool, every action of sharing is purely based on voluntary good intentions. But if money starts playing a role in there, I think it'd look quite different. 

    And I've been struggling to build my own website these days. I really like Dr. Bret's template and I saw him having the whole repository of his personal website on GitHub. I checked out his repository and among the bunch of files... I found the original template that Dr. Bret used. So I downloaded all the relevant repositories to my GitHub Desktop. Now the only task left for me is to personalize the website template by revising the codes, which won't be an easy one. I think I'll need a lot more help with microlearning from online spaces, such as Youtube, Stack.Overflow, GitHub, etc.

    Then I was questioning the same thing that was mentioned in the paper; if I succeed in personalizing the website, are the codes mine? Dr. Bret stated that his codes are based on a certain package, having them in his own repository. So I think that'll work for me too. Also, I saw the mark of creative commons on his website. I will use the same mark for my website, too. It was just interesting to see how the things I experience in my real life connect to what we discuss in this class.

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week5: Discussion Reflection

Week4: Lingering Questions

Week3: Discussion Reflection